My experiences of travelling in Zimbabwe
In no way is this information an accurate and up to date guide.
Always buy an up to date travel book for the countries you are visiting.
If you find this guide useful, please take time to sign my guestbook
My visit to Zimbabwe was sandwiched in between my travels in South
Africa. Unfortunately I don't have many photos of Zimbabwe due to the theft of my camera in Johannesburg.
Johannesburg to Bulawayo
Victoria Falls to Mlibizi
Ferry Journey Up Lake Kariba
Masvingo (Great Zimbabwean Monument)
Back to Bulawayo
I am constantly adding new pages, as time allows. Please bear with me as
I endeavour to complete my Zimbabwe diary.
map of Zimbabwe showing the above areas (162K)
Full map of Zimbabwe (237K)
Here I have these useful Web links for travellers to, or anyone interested
Where in Zimbabwe
- This is an excellent online resource for anyone planning a visit to Zimbabwe. It is a very well structured site with topics including; Accommodation and Restaurants.
The Zambezi Safari and Travel Co.
- Adventure and safari specialists based in Kariba, the Zambezi Valley - Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe Travel Focus
- Zimbabwe Focus presents an in depth detailed look at Zimbabwe. This
is a very graphical and highly informative look at the magic of Zimbabwe.
Here the tourist and the merely curious alike can find a wealth of information
about this great country and what it has to offer.
Zimbawe Travel Focus - General
Information for the traveller
Here you'll find sections on:
- Visiting Zimbabwe
- Business in Zimbabwe
Providers in Zimbabwe
- If you are travelling to Zimbabwe and want to stay connected, here
are details of Zim ISPs, and more, to help get you online.
- This site in maintained by the University Of Pennsylvania's African
Studies Center. It covers all aspects of Zim which may be of interest to
students or anyone planning to visit the country. Also here is a useful
list of Zimbabwean Internet resources.
David Dyte's Zimbabwean Cricket Page
- For any cricket fans out there is this site, based in Australia, David's
pages are an ideal reference point for anyone with an interest in Zimbabwean
The Universal Currency Converter
[ Home | Index
| Top of Page | Next
| Map ]
Last Updated on 25th June 1998 at
All images ©1996 Ian Simmins
© 1997, 1998 Ian Simmins