By Morag Cambell
Dr. Stone emphasized the benefits of a good quality diet and wrote about cleansing diets
and diets designed to rebuild the body energy after illness but of course it is of vital
importance that we take care of our diet on a daily basis so that the body is not
overloaded and put under duress which can in turn lead to problems. Here are some
suggestions for a balanced eating regime that it would be wise to adopt as routine. This
regimen is a healthy way to live and when followed, you won't have to think about
vitamins, minerals and calories. We are aiming for healthy habits for a lifetime.
- Do not fry foods or use heated oils.
- If not entirely comfortable in mind and body, do not eat.
- Do not eat unless you have a keen desire for the plainest food.
- Do not eat beyond your needs.
- Be sure to chew your food thoroughly.
- Miss meals if in pain, emotionally upset, not hungry, chilled,
overheated and during illness.
- Eat food that is whole, natural and fresh.
- 50-60% of the food eaten should be raw.
- Your Diet should be 80% alkaline and 20% acid.
- PROPORTION - eat a minimum of 6 vegetables, 2 fruits, 1-2 starches,
and 1-2 protein food servings daily.
- VARIETY - don't eat the same foods daily. Choose different proteins,
starches, fruits and vegetables throughout the week. Food rotation gives you more
nutrients and helps prevent food allergies.
- Combinations - separate starches and proteins. One at lunch and the
other at dinner or vice versa.
- Cook without water. Steam, sauté or bake your food. Avoid high heat.
- Bake, broil or roast lean meats whenever possible. Give up meat if
- Use stainless steel cookware as much as possible.
- DO NOT OVEREAT !!!